Even those who aren't particularly sympathetic to Israel's Benjamin
Netanyahu, could get a good measure of satisfaction from this
interview with British Television during the retaliation against Hamas' shelling of Israel.
The interviewer asked him: "How come so many more Palestinians have
been killed in this conflict than Israelis?" (A nasty question if
there ever was one!)
Netanyahu: "Are you sure that you want to start asking in that direction?"?
Interviewer: (Falling into the trap) Why not?
Netanyahu: "Because in World War II more Germans were killed than
British and Americans combined, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind
that the war was caused by Germany 's aggression. And in response to
the German blitz on London , the British wiped out the entire city of
Dresden , burning to death more German civilians than the number of
people killed in Hiroshima ... Moreover, I could remind you that in
1944, when the R.A.F. tried to bomb the Gestapo Headquarters in
Copenhagen , some of the bombs missed their target and fell on a
Danish children's hospital, killing 83 little children. Perhaps you
have another question?"?
Apparently, Benjamin Netanyahu gave another interview and was asked
about Israel 's occupation of Arab lands. His response was, "It's our
land". The reporter (CNN or the like) was stunned - read below "It's
our land.." It's important information since we don't get fair and
accurate reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the
jumble of daily events.
"Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict."
Here are overlooked facts in the current & past Middle East situation.
These were compiled by a Christian university professor:?
BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY... (It takes just 1.5
minutes to read!)
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew -- it doesn't matter.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem : Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two
thousand (2000) years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a
Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the
modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BC, the Jews have had dominion
over the land for one thousand (1000) years with a continuous presence
in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 lasted no more
than 22 years.?
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital.
Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity.
Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem , they never sought to
make it their capital, and Arab leaders
did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy
scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned even once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem . Mohammed never came to
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem . Muslims pray with their backs toward
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged
to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
Sixty-eight percent left (many in fear of retaliation by their own
brethren, the Arabs), without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The ones
who stayed were afforded the same peace, civility, and citizenship
rights as everyone else.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to
Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.?
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated
to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is
estimated to be the same.?
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into
the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory.
Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only
refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated
into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely
absorbed into Israel , a country no larger than the state of New
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight
separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one
Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost.
Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State
of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank
land, autonomy under the
Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the
Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all
Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to
people of all faiths.?
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council
resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.?
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429
were directed against Israel .
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem
synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.?
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated
the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives .
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like
a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mounand the
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be.
What will we tell our grandchildren about what we did when there was a
turning point in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference??
START NOW - Send this to 18 other people you know and ask them to send
it to eighteen others, Jew and non-Jew - it doesn't really matter