TALK SHOW GUEST
Epic Quest Media LLC
American Citizen Party Candidate, 2016
Accountant, Former Internal Auditor and
Self-employed Business Consultant Responsible
for Multimillion Dollar Financial Reviews
U.S. Marine Corps, 1968-1974, Sergeant (E-5)
Reference: Proclamation of Freedom 2017
For More Information:
See Biography below
THE POLITICS OF INCOME INEQUALITY
What do liberal democrats mean when the bandy about slogans like “income inequality?” Are they concerned about the plight of the poor? Do they offer constructive public policies beyond bumper sticker sloganeering?
What about the poor in America? Thanks to the Reagan Administration’s earned income tax credit, the poor along with about 40% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.
The Heritage Foundation Index of Dependence on Government documents a one-sixth increase in welfare recipients since Obama was elected in 2009 and SNAP, the Food Stamp program, reports an unprecedented 23 million American households (along with a record number of individuals) receiving food welfare. More than 70 million Americans are covered under taxpayer subsidized Medicaid and that number is expected to approach 100 million as Obamacare is implemented.
Between Federal, State, Local and subsidized private social services, food assistance, housing, furniture allowances, heating, day-care, and cash checks, welfare recipients in many states get more per hour than working people. In March of this year, a joint report of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Census Bureau showed that there are 60 million more Americans on welfare than there are American taxpayers in the workforce.
Abuse is rampant in the system as we learned when we found out that the Tsarnaev brothers who bombed the Boston Marathon had been on a menu of welfare programs, including College tuition, before they engaged in mass murder.
Does the “income inequality” crowd offer any ideas that might improve unemployment and increase economic activity? The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, “Of the nation’s 80.4 million families, 80.0 percent had at least one employed member in 2013.” This means that 20% of American families were unemployed in 2013.
What they offer is tax increases, which allows the government to expand “entitlements” even further while contracting private investment and capital accumulation. Ironically, as was proven during the Reagan Administration, keeping taxes low and maintaining favorable business regulation allows for more investment, which creates more jobs, which, in turn, means more income taxes for the government. But it’s more fun for the liberal demagogues to use class envy as an appeal to resentments and greed.
The national debt is approaching 17 Trillion, and the inequality Democrats call for more spending so they can funnel more money to their core constituency, which consists of public employees, crony capitalists, and those who are paid not to work.
Who is going to pay the bill for all of this? Obviously, the money will be extracted from the pockets of working people, the productive class either in the form of taxes or inflation, which involves the government simply printing money and devaluing its worth. Meanwhile, with higher taxes, inflation and anti-business regulation, the economy is contracted, the numbers of working people dwindle, and the very rich, most of whom are liberal according to the Forbes Magazine top richest. Americans, get richer.
Thus Free Market Capitalism is the answer to income inequality.
Bob McNeil BIOGRAPHY IN A LETTER TO AMERICA:Hello America,My name is Bob McNeil, founder of the American Citizen Party, and candidate for President of the United States in 2016.I describe myself as “an ordinary man living an extraordinary life”.I am:
- A professional business consultant with an accounting degree and 35 years of experience auditing multi-billion dollar corporations, here in the United States, and in a number of countries around the world.
- A veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps from 1968 through 1974.
- A father of two daughters.
- A grandfather of three beautiful children.
- A trusted friend to many.I have been disillusioned with our two-party political system for quite a while now, but, rather than complain about it, I decided to do something about it.So, using a lifetime of experience, plus the analytical skills I have acquired during my career as a professional auditor, I set out to write a plan that would spark the “21st Century American Revolution”.Knowing the dangers of that exercise from the people in power, and to ensure its success, I established the following criteria for the plan:
- It must be constitutional;
- It must be peaceful;
- It must transcend race, religion, age, gender, political affiliation, economic status, and all other things that the politicians and the media use to divide us as a nation, and;
- It must restore liberty and prosperity to ALL American citizens.In 2008, after one year of research and writing, I emerged with the plan. I formed the American Citizen Party in 2009 to serve as the platform from which to implement it, and have talked to millions of Americans about it in person, on the radio and in my blogs since then.Now, it is time to go nationwide in order to build momentum for the 2014 election and my 2016 Presidential run.If you yearn for liberty and prosperity like you’ve never before experienced, this is the political party you’ve been searching for.Get involved. Sign up with your email address to receive my blogs. Contribute money to further the cause of liberty for yourself, your children, and future generations of Americans.Together, we can, and we will, take back our country and restore it to its greatness.The only way my plan will fail is if you continue to vote Democrats and Republicans into office, or worse, if you do nothing.Take charge of your future. If you don’t, someone else will.In freedom,Bob McNeilTo learn more about Bob, click here: All About Bob©2014 Epic Quest Media